Tuesday, October 16, 2007

To You These Words Are Due


VS. 1

Oh Holy God of heaven, your eyes search me from within
I stand to offer praise, but fall for the weight of my sin
Can slander turn to praise, or hypocrisy turn to truth
Yet only for your Grace I stand, to you these words are due

CHORUS:

Fallen I have proven, depraved through and through
Tis Christ and only his offering that is now mine to bring to You.
My eyes had seen the darkness; my feet were lost in sin
When mercy stretched her loving hands and Grace pulled me in.

VS.2

Oh Holy God of angles, Your praise is ever being sung
What be it to You, Your servant that you should fill his lungs
With songs of praise and gratitude that all belong to You
Yet only for Your Grace I stand, to you these words are due

BRIDGE:

Oh Holy God of mine, and Father of my heart
You know my end from beginning and planned me from the start
You and you alone, my storey is complete
Forever joining the chorus with souls now reckoned clean

VS. 3

Against me the enemy accuses and haunts me of the past
Except the cross of Calvary, the only thing that lasts
For it was there my Savior found me, and there I shall remain
Forever underneath the flood of Emmanuel’s flowing veins





written by: Jonathan Seller

2 comments:

Emily Moews said...

That song is beautiful, who sings it?
Yeah, this is Emily...I don't know why, but I decided to make a blogspot.

Melissa-this-is-real said...

That is a great song.....its tuching!