Monday, August 25, 2008

The Drama Of Scripture


I spent 3 hours last night reading through the first 100 pages of this incredible refreshing book on the Old Testament for one of my MA classes I am taking at Bethel College. Understanding the OT first as a Grand Storey, the authors Craig Bartholomew, and Michael Goheen reflect on each book and give a wonderful synopsis of the OT.

Most of us, if we are honest do not know the Old Testament. We are scared of it. We don't know where to begin. We don't like reading geanioloiges. We don't understand why God allows so many people to die in what seems like ancient Holy War.

If you are still only enjoying Part 2 of God's Word and havent spent much time investigating Part 2, here's what your going to do.

Go but... "The Drama of Scripture"
I promise you will be able to understand it.
I promise you will be more familiar with the OT by the time you are done.
I promise you will have a better hermeneutical framework the next time you open up your bible somewhere in the OT.

WOW, that's a lot of promises, but I am extremly confident that you will not be disapointed!

No comments: